- Location Newcastle
- Industry Engineering
- Reference Number HSEJT2
- ANNUAL OFFERED SALARY £40,000 - £45,000
Health & Safety Executive, Newcastle, up to £45,000 + benefits
Aspirare Recruitment require Health and Safety Executive to work on a variety of contracts with our client based in Newcastle.
Our client’s business is growing and diversifying and require candidates with utilities background; electrical, gas, water and telecoms for a number of new and existing contracts.
We are specifically looking for candidates who can demonstrate
• Health & Safety Telecoms experience -Fibre, Civils and construction background
• Applicant must have NEBOSH qualification
• Client will also consider candidates at Manager level
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage all communications with the HSA and be the first point of contact for same.
• Carry out Health and Safety Inspections, Audits and Risk Assessments
• Coordinate and participate in weekly health and safety inspections of the facility being cognizant of unsafe conditions and hazards, unsafe acts and equipment.
• Monitor the performance and effectiveness of the health and safety program in the field and make program adjustments as necessary to meet performance and improvement objectives.
• Direct and administer all required health and safety related training for all employees.
• Prepare and maintain all safety and health documents pertaining to the facility according to Corporate and government guidelines.
• Maintain all required record keeping for compliance reporting.
• Attend necessary meetings/seminars and conferences that enhance the overall safety efforts and betterment of the facility and company.
• Coordinate and participate in emergency response training with the local Fire Department.
• Oversee and nurture the plant’s safety committee.
• Primary contact with the plant’s occupational health clinic. Schedules annual employee physicals.
Apply with full CV for more details