- Location Glasgow
- Industry Engineering
- Reference Number 7873m
- ANNUAL OFFERED SALARY 36,000--37,000
Job Title: Estimator
Salary: £32k – £37k
Location: G72 7EG
Up to £37000/annum + benefits
Our rapidly growing construction and engineering client requires an estimator or estimators to join their evolving team and business. As an estimator you will have at least 5 years industry experience in a similar estimating environment working closely with the commercial management team in bids and tenders.
The client base is wide and ranging and includes public and private sector estimating
The company have several decades of expertise within passive fire safety, and Architectural Metalwork manufacture and installations, (Windows, Doors and Fire Escape) with a reputation that has helped them to become one of the UK’s top specialist sub-contractors.
Typical projects are in the range of £500K (but do range as wide as £10K – £2.5M), you will have estimating experience in a similar sized project.
the role involves preparing tender bids and quotes in conjunction with the Sales Director and liaising closely with suppliers, as well as some direct customer contact
The Estimator will attend weekly tender review meetings with Management team and liase directly with Contracts Team, Production Department and Installation teams
An experienced Estimator will of course be expected to analyse the content of the tender specifications and use the information to build a cost schedule:
• Estimate individual jobs in their entirety
• Review tender special conditions
• Examine inclusions and exclusions and contract obligations.
• Carry out accurate take offs, measuring and qualifying materials for engineers and architects
• Analysing materials, hours and labour requirements, as well as materials and equipment requirements, all to include in the desired time frame and review, amend and then submit final costs and re-review for any final amendments prior to all bid submissions and Involvement in all tender review meetings
Essential Skills and Experience:
• 5 years previous current experience as an Estimator
• You will ideally come from a Manufacturing background ideally windows/doors) with previous Estimating experience within this arena.
• Experience in using estimating software
• Proficient in all Microsoft software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY AND GREAT TIME TO JOIN A FANTASTIC BUSINESS APPLY NOW!!!!
Please call Nicola on 01698 324 664 for details.